Expiry: July 14, 2021
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Advanced is an improved, premium formulation for mothers to provide optimal support towards baby’s healthy development. Now enhanced with added Selenium, Biotin, Chromium, Vitamin B5, higher levels of Vitamin D3 and a bioavailable, low-constipation and low-nausea form of Iron, Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Advanced contains 20 essential nutrients, including 12 vitamins, 7 minerals and odourless omega-3 fatty acids.
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-feeding Advanced contain the following essential nutrients:
- Iodine – is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland as it is an essential nutrient required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones affect almost every cell in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important for the normal development of the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems of children. Iodine plays an important role in the normal development of brain, eyesight and hearing.
- Folic acid – plays a role in DNA and RNA synthesis, and is therefore critical in cellular division. In order to divide properly cells need adequate folic acid. The development and growth of a foetus involves constant cell division, which can lead to an increase in the mother’s demand for folate. Daily supplementation with folic acid for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy may reduce the incidence of neural tube defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly in the child.
- Vitamin D3 – is best known for its ability to stimulate the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the small intestine. It also decreases urinary excretion of calcium thus helping to improve bone density and strength. Vitamin D is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones and muscles.
- Calcium and magnesium – are essential for bone health, as well as playing important roles in healthy muscle and nerve function.
- Zinc – is essential to good health as it is involved in many enzymatic reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate levels of zinc are vital for a healthy baby’s normal growth and development.
- B group vitamins – play an essential role in the production of energy.
- Odourless and concentrated fish oil – Rich in DHA, necessary for the development of your baby’s brain, eye sight and nervous system
- Low constipation and low nausea form of Iron – is a component of haemoglobin, an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen. Without adequate iron levels the delivery of oxygen to cells decreases and energy production may suffer. Iron requirements increase during pregnancy because of increased needs for red blood cell formation and foetal growth.
- Biotin – Provides nutritional support as biotin plays a role in skin and central nervous system health.
- Chromium – Provides nutritional support as it plays an important role in blood sugar regulation and it helps to potentiate the action of insulin in the body.
- Selenium – Provides nutritional support as selenium is required for the production of thyroid hormones, which are critical for the development of a baby’s brain, visual motor skills and hearing.
Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Not recommended for children under 12 years
Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect / spina bifida, seek medical advice.
This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 μg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
Drink plenty of water