Expiry: August 2019
Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold is a premium pregnancy formula which has been specially developed to provide 17 essential nutrients including 10 vitamins, 6 minerals and omega-3 fatty acids that may be beneficial to a mother and her developing baby. It provides iodine to help promote healthy development of baby's brain, eyesight & hearing, folic acid that may reduce the risk of brain and/or spinal cord birth defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly, omega-3 essential fatty acids to promote healthy development of baby's brain & eyesight and vitamin D3 to support calcium absorption to assist with healthy development of baby's bones. It is recommended during pregnancy as well as when breast-feeding.
Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-feeding Gold contain the following essential nutrients:
- Iodine - is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland as it is an essential nutrient required for the synthesis of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones affect almost every cell in the body and regulate oxygen use, metabolic rate and cellular metabolism. Thyroid hormones are important for the normal development of the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems of children. Iodine plays an important role in the normal development of brain, eyesight and hearing.
- Tuna fish oil - is a source of omega-3 long chain fatty acids. One of the main long chain fatty acids found in breast milk and in tuna oil is DHA. DHA is particularly important for the normal function of the brain and nerves, and for development of normal eyesight.
- Folic acid - plays a role in DNA and RNA synthesis, and is therefore critical in cellular division. In order to divide properly cells need adequate folic acid. The development and growth of a foetus involves constant cell division, which can lead to an increase in the mother's demand for folate. Daily supplementation with folic acid for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy may reduce the incidence of neural tube defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly in the child.
- Vitamin D3 - is best known for its ability to stimulate the absorption of calcium and phosphate from the small intestine. It also decreases urinary excretion of calcium thus helping to improve bone density and strength. Vitamin D is essential for building and maintaining healthy bones and muscles.
- Calcium and magnesium - are essential for bone health, as well as playing important roles in healthy muscle and nerve function.
- Iron - is a component of haemoglobin, an essential component of red blood cells. Haemoglobin transports oxygen in the body. Having optimal haemoglobin levels helps the cells of the body receive sufficient oxygen. Without adequate iron levels the delivery of oxygen to cells decreases and energy production may suffer. Iron requirements increase during pregnancy because of increased needs for red blood cell formation and foetal growth.
- Zinc - is essential to good health as it is involved in many enzymatic reactions in every cell of the body. Adequate levels of zinc are vital for a healthy baby's normal growth and development.
- B group vitamins - play an essential role in the production of energy.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule
- Omega-3Fish oil - natural (Tuna oil) 500 mg containing omega-3 marine triglycerides 160 mg as: Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 125 mg, Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 25 mg
- 10 Vitamins
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 500 mcg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 750 mcg
- Nicotinamide 7.5 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 750 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 1.5 mcg
- Folic acid 250 mcg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 30 mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 6.3 mcg) 250 IU
- Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopherol 3.5 mg) 5.2 IU
- Mixed carotenoids (as Dunaliella salina (natural source) extract equiv. to fresh cell 72 mg) 2.9 mg
- 6 Minerals
- Calcium 59 mg
- Phosphorus (Calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous 200 mg) 45.6 mg
- Magnesium (Magnesium oxide - heavy 49.8 mg) 30 mg
- Iron (Ferrous fumarate 15.7 mg) 5 mg
- Zinc (Zinc sulfate monohydrate 22.2 mg) 8 mg
- Iodine (Potassium iodide 164 µg) 125 µg
No added yeast, gluten, wheat, milk derivatives, preservatives, artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
Adults - Take 2 capsules a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.